Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spirit Doctrine.

"Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearer.
-1 Timothy 4:13-16


These verses have been really strengthening to chew on today. It sets my perspective on the right things. More than anything I am excited! I am excited to read this passage and then examine my life and the words prophesied over me and see how I am living out some of those prophecies or heading toward the fulfillment of others.

I know not everyone practices prophecy/spiritual gifts/the movement of the Holy Spirit in the Christian church today. If you're reading this and you are one who doesn't practice those things, can I ask why? Why leave out one-third of the Holy Trinity? Why leave out the gift Jesus left behind as he went to the cross and resurrected?

I know I don't have the largest fan base for this blog, but for the few that do read this: I want to challenge you to explore where the Holy Spirit is discussed in scripture and what the Spirit's purpose is. Ha, this is a challenge I should be issuing to myself! So I will. After all, the quoted passage above warns us to watch our doctrine closely....

Let's.

No comments: