Friday, April 11, 2008

So Ridiculous...



I find it pitiful to believe that THIS is what we put our hope in...

Yesterday, I was volunteering at an HIV/AIDS Social Services Center and one of the things they needed me to do was put together Safer Sex Kits. I had done this once before and never thought twice about it, my mind was too busy analyzing the fact that I was handling more condoms and lubes than I had ever seen in my entire life! But this time the guilt seeped into my heart as I was making them...I just wanted to stop and wash my hands (both literally and figuratively speaking). I don't want people to have sex outside of the context that God created it for!
To many, it seems like a childish thing to be sad about. I can't even estimate how many of those I made, but every time I tossed a finished one into a box I couldn't help but hurt for that person who is going to pick it up at the club it's distributed to and use it. I know that not taking part of it won't necessarily promote abstinence, but it just might for a few people.

I need to go wash my hands again...

2 comments:

lauren said...

wow. so crazy. but washing your hands (figuratively and literally) wont do/change anything. bummer how that works sometimes. i think you did the right thing by sticking around :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that there is an unseen spiritual aspect goin gon too that is so powerful and intricate that we cannot understand it. Next time, pray for each person whose hands will touch these items and who knows but that the power of God may intervene and touch their lives in the way they need Him to touch them.

God is bigger.